|Main advantage||Learning how to maintain code, especially when introducing new changes is slow and you get a lot of bugs with every change. Your developers will start test their code or they’ll do it much better than before after this course. This will speed up your team and they’ll introduce less bugs with each change.|
|Duration||a) half-days: 5 days x 4 hours (including breaks)|
b) full-days: 3 days x 7 hours (including breaks)
|Format||workshop (70% workshop / 30% lecture)|
|Venue||a) online or|
b) client’s office or other place chosen by the client, in Europe
|Enrollment||in-house course for a group of people within one company|
|Group size||up to 10 delegates|
|Course language||English, Polish or both during the same training|
- Testing with pytest
- What Testing is for?
- Overview of Available Frameworks (unittest vs pytest vs doctest)
- pytest Fundamentals
- Launching Tests
- Fail Fast Mode (-x Switch)
- Printing Local Variables (-l Switch)
- Quiet Output (-q Switch)
- Testing both Happy and Sad Paths
- Testing Edge and Corner Cases
- Unique Temporary Directory for Test Run
- Fixtures Scopes – Sharing Fixture Instances between Tests
- Fixture Dependencies
- Fixture Finalisation
- Grouping Tests into Classes
- Skipping Tests
- Selenium Architecture
- Basics of Selenium
- Locating Elements
- Working with Forms
- CSS & XPath Selectors
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium Grid
- Page Objects
- Navigating History
- Web Application Architecture
- Accessing Database with SQLAlchemy
- Defining and Creating Tables
- Creating new Records
- Bulk Creating (optional)
- Rolling Back
- Querying (Select Statements)
- Basics of Aggregation (optional)
- Relationships (optional)
- Queries with Joins (optional)
- Deleting Rows (optional)
- SQLAlchemy Core
Benefits for the Sponsor
As the course sponsor or HR you get:
- Analysis of the needs and my help to choose or design a great course during a phone call with the sponsor, HR, team leader or/and course delegates. On top of that, we ask delegates on the very first day what their needs are, to make even better usage of the course time.
- Course customisation to your needs.
- Guarantee that the course is conducted by an expert that worked for Google.
- Course evaluation as an electronic form at the end of the last course day. The evaluation results are sent to interested people (most of often they’re course sponsor and HR).
- Simple communication – you can contact the trainer directly by phone or email.
- Easy buying procedure – one call or email is enough to get offer and to book a date. I don’t do overbooking. The course is confirmed once you send the Purchase Order.
- Friendly business partner – as a rule, I treat all my clients like friends. I don’t build walls, I’m not pretending to be a huge training company and I write in first person.
Clients very often decide to order other training (including dedicated courses) after observing positive results of this course.
Benefits for Delegates
Delegates will benefit because of:
- Support after the course, via email and phone.
- Setup instruction before the course to save time at the beginning of the course. I’m happy to help you via email, phone or Skype, zoom.us etc. in case of any questions or issues.
- Course materials consisting of code snippets, comments, exercises and solutions. The entire courseware is a single web page which make it very easy to lookup something there. Courseware is available online during and after the training. Delegates can download it to use it offline. Courseware can be updated during the course in real time, so that we can include comments or entire new sections suggested by delegates.
- Environment ready to use after the course – we don’t use virtual machines. Instead, we install everything on delegates machines, so that they can reuse the same setup after the course.
- Recording of the training (in case of online training)
Below you can find some references.
Very inspiring training. I really appreciate the way Chris managed to walk us through the complex world of machine learning using Python. Good course materials updated real time. Highly recommend.
Finance Director at DNB Bank Polska S.A.
Well prepared training and reasonably passed knowledge, thanks to which we develop better services.
Infrastructure Team Manager at allegro.pl
Chris recently taught a four day class on Machine Learning with Python four our team. The class was very good with the right balance of theory and practice. I cannot think of a better way to give a four day class about such an extensive topic.
Head of Krakow Product Control Analytics at HSBC
You can read more references here.