In this workshop, participants are given a simple web application. They implement new features as more and more concepts are introduced. This is an advanced course and it’s targeted to programmers with some Django experience. This course can be paired with Introduction to Creating Web Applications in Django.
At this workshop you will learn
- How to build websites in multiple languages?
- How to create RSS feed?
- How to give people different sets of permissions?
- How to create a REST API with Django REST Framework?
- How to write custom authentication backend?
- How to test Django applications?
- And much, much more.
- Testing Django Applications
- Running Tests
- Code Coverage
- Functional Tests
- Translating Templates
- Generating Locale Files
- Using LocaleMiddleware
- Generating RSS Feeds
- Creating PDFs with wkhtmltopdf
- Admin Panel
- Working with Multiple Databases
- Django & AJAX
- RESTful Services with django-tastypie or Django REST Framework
- Custom Authentication Backends