In this videocast, I solve Recently Used List Kata (a programming exercise) using Test Driven Development.
If you don’t know what a Kata is, I recommend that you read great introduction by Peter Provost.
This Kata is part of my training on testing in Python.
Here is the outline:
- 00:18 - introduction to the exercise (demo)
- 01:46 - required files and tools
- 02:27 - crash course on
unittestlibrary and running tests
- 05:17 - crash course on TDD
- 06:41 - 1st iteration (08:22 writing production code, 09:42 refactoring)
- 10:10 - 2nd iteration (11:10 writing production code, 12:19 refactoring)
- 12:43 - 3rd iteration (13:57 writing production code, 15:45 refactoring)
- 18:19 - 4th iteration (20:18 writing production code, 20:47 refactoring)
- 21:57 - 5th iteration (23:15 writing production code, 23:56 refactoring)
- 25:44 - 6th iteration (26:31 writing production code, 27:45 refactoring)
- 27:58 - TDD summary
- 29:13 - when and how to use TDD?
- 30:54 - solve another Kata on yourself!
Enjoy and feel free to comment and ask questions!
Links from video: